[Gllug] Fwd: IT Week needs your expert opinion

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 09:49:13 UTC 2003

On Thu, Oct 16, 2003 at 10:42:20AM +0100, Richard Jones wrote:
> I'd be happy if I could get browsing to work on the local network
> at all, ever, with any version of Samba ...

Do you mean other machines browse your samba box, or the other way round.

3 quick tips:
* get your network mask right
* get your workgroup right in /etc/samba/smb.conf
* register your samba with the local domain controller/...

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

FATHERS-4-JUSTICE - Campaigning for equal rights for parents and the
best interests of our children. See http://www.fathers-4-justice.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk