[Gllug] re: Verisign 'Site Finder' service

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Tue Oct 7 18:15:54 UTC 2003

Formi writes:

> It seems that Thawte, Silver Sponsor of the LinuxExpo is owned by
> Verisign. There was some discussion in news.admin.net-abuse.email
> about boycotting those two.

Yes, it is. However, Thawte has traditionally been a very good company
ethically speaking, and my understanding is that although Verisign
bought them out, they're still run as a separate business unit, with
many of the original staff, so they're not as bad as you might think.
Certainly, their customer service was orders of magnitude better than
Verisign last time I used it...

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk