[Gllug] Failed razor check using spamassassin

Jon Dye jon at pecorous.co.uk
Tue Oct 7 16:29:33 UTC 2003

Nix wrote:
> On Thu, 02 Oct 2003, Jon Dye moaned:
>>Nix wrote:
>>>On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Jon Dye yowled:

>>>[snip]

>>>It's just a warning; you won't get razor checking, but you'll get
>>>everything else.
>>>sa 2.60 fixes this.
>>
>>So it's a bug in sa then?
>
> It is a bug in Razor tripped by SA, I think.
 >

>>                           To me it seemed like razor or Net::Ping was doing the wrong thing.  Is there reference to this bug on the
>>sa site because I couldn't find anything when I searched?
>

> It was discussed on the mailing list some time ago, IIRC. (Of course,
> SourceForge's mailing list archives are as horribly broken as ever...)
>
>>I'll ignore the warning for now, I had assumed that it just ment it skipped the razor check but I was hoping to get it working.
>
> Actually, the `Died' makes it look like Net::Ping fell over.
> What version of that do you have?

5.6.1
and Net::Ping did fall over.  It issued a die command after timing out
waiting for a response to it's TCP packet.

The code is something like:
$SIG{'ALRM'} = sub { die };
alarm($timeout);

<try and connect via tcp>

This function seems to return true if it can connect, false if it is
rejected and calls die if it times out.  Seems like it should actually
return false in the timeout case too seeing as its doing a tcp 'ping'.

JD

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk