[Gllug] OT: Health on job applications

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Oct 28 09:59:34 UTC 2003

On Tue 28 Oct, Jason Clifford bloviated thus:

> There's nothing wrong with that (except where you discriminate based upon
> disability which is a different thing).
>
> My experience is that this usually means the company is seeking to avoid
> people who take lots of "sickies" to supplement their holiday entitlement.

And how will they evaluate the validity of your sick leave based on
the small amount of information provided?  No, this is solely to
penalise "sickly" people with no way to prevent discrimination.

This is NOT part of the equal opportunities evaluation section of the
application.

Tell me you could guarantee that no company would put someone on the
bottom of the pile if they took four weeks off and listed "AIDS" as
the reason.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Old ravers never die.  They just decide house music isn't
so bad after all.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk