[Gllug] Debian

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Tue Oct 21 21:03:19 UTC 2003

On Tue 21 Oct Rich Walker wrote:
> Ever since I switched back from KDE to ICEWM on my desktop and laptop,
> I've been delighted with the speed and performance of the machines
> (given that the laptop is a 160MB PII-266 which usually has a 50MB Emacs
> session, 10 workspaces, OpenOffice and a bunch of browsers open, that
> may give you some indication of the difference).

Since we seem to have had distro wars a few times, I guess WM wars are
fair enough :)

I was a confirmed fluxbox user until I started using the latest KDE
(well, the debian sid one anyway :).  I still happily run fluxbox on my
wee laptop, but KDE is purty!  Also the kicker is really nice.

Gnome on the other hand, appears to suck seriously.  It's quite a while
since I tried it, and I expect I got it arse about face, but I really
seriously didn't get on with it.

doug.

--
6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC  609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF