[Gllug] BBC on Microsoft DRM in new Outlook

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Oct 21 08:35:30 UTC 2003

On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Jason Clifford wrote:

> On Tue, 21 Oct 2003, Richard Jones wrote:
>
> The previous one stated that it may be a criminal offence to turn on a
> "self-destruct" feature in the USA.

Indeed - a lot of our history has been found by examining state papers,
e.g. the papers Presidents deposit with libraires etc.
And lets' not mention the phone recordings Nixon kept (oops!).
Only this morning on the BBC there was a news item that Kennedy was the
first president to start phone recordings. There was a clip of a phone
conversation between Lyndon Johnson and the recently widowed Jackie
Kennedy.

I may be wrong, but I do remember that there are strict controls in the
US administration on archiving email - as its recognised that this has
taken over from paper. Anyone who knows for sure please speak up?

And do we need to mention the emails submitted to the Hutton enquiry?

(BTW, not off topic at all! Vital suff for sysadmins to know about)

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk