[Gllug] Oracle and Linux

Andrew Richardson ahrichardson at clara.net
Tue Oct 28 09:01:21 UTC 2003

Ian Northeast wrote:
> Martin A. Brooks wrote:
>

>> The main obstacle was the Oracle installer...
> Yes, it is seriously pants. ...

sorry if this is a bit off topic but it gives me an excuse for a whinge :)

I have this misfortune of having to use Oracle Financials at work, not
only is it the old version because thay insist on running NT for the
databases. (The newer version has too make 'unix type hooks' (?) and
won't run on NT)

The installation routine is the most hideous I have ever seen. The end
product is ghastly and is completely un-intuitive.

Oracle may do great databases but they have no idea about accounting
package design.

Andrew

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk