[Gllug] Norman Lamb MP

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Oct 13 06:38:43 UTC 2003

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Chris Bell yowled:
>                                                   We have had to tolerate
> and repair random damage to our bodies for rather longer than this
> generation has been around.

Indeed; an average of 30,000 mutation events per day per cell (most
caused by free radicals, not radiation). All but a vanishingly small
fraction are fixed immediately (or we'd all be dead).

--
`If you want a vision of the future, it is a wireless broadband network
 feeding requests for foreign money-laundering assistance into a human

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk