[Gllug] patents: Giving up meat

Jonathan Chetwynd j.chetwynd at btinternet.com
Mon Oct 27 13:14:35 UTC 2003

Tethys,

Thanks for your explanation of SVG.

We use a favicon*, this can be dragged to the desktop, and thus if it
is not too busy our users can find the site from a single or double
click.

Favicon is an icon, saved in a directory on the server. add peepo.com
or peepo.co.uk to your favourites list, visit somewhere else, return
and the favicon should be in the address bar. drag this to the desktop,
start menu, taskbar, wherever. it is now a direct link to the website.
peepo was chosen because it was available, appropriate, short, and all
the letters are on one row...

thanks

On Monday, October 27, 2003, at 10:16  am, Tethys wrote:
> how are they
> ever going to enter a URL to get there in the first place? Or even
> select it from a predefined bookmark?
>
> Tet
Jonathan Chetwynd
http://www.peepo.co.uk
"A web by people with learning difficulties"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk