[Gllug] OT: Health on job applications

Peter Childs blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk
Tue Oct 28 10:51:49 UTC 2003

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Rev Simon Rumble wrote:

> > Some companies will ask you to undertake a medical, if they have any
> > problems, and any job offer will be subject to a suitable medical report
> > being received.
>
> The sort of companies for which I will not work.  On principle.

	Let me see hmm Most Larger Companies....

BAE, BT, Microsoft, British Gas, Vodafone, Shell,

to name but a few.(Not that I have checked this data) These may also offer
company health insurance faster medical care as a perk so don't rule out
a company just because it wants a medical check. They are encoraging good
health of the work force. And that can only be a good thing.

Peter Childs

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk