[Gllug] palm zire

Simon A. Boggis simon at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Sun Oct 26 13:49:52 UTC 2003

On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 22:35, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 21:25, Sean Burlington wrote:
> > "USB device isn't matched the configuration"
> >
> > is indicating a problem
>
> Likely. What's your kernel version, and version of pilot-link? You need
> to have a new enough version of the visor driver to recognize that
> model.

AFAIK you need 2.4.22 before the Zire71 is included in the table of
devices, but it is a trivial change to the kernel source to add it to
older kernels if you need to keep an older version for some reason: see
http://snovae.in2p3.fr/ycopin/soft/zire.html for an example of how to do
it - you basically add a #define and a few lines to some structs.

Bought my other half a Zire71 and (of course) had to test it under
linux: works absolutely fine.

I think it is always worth tracking the latest pilot-link (0.11.8) and
jpilot (0.99.6), unless you're running debian/unstable which already has
them. They are trivial to compile: I just stick them in /usr/local so as
not to cruft my system.

Simon

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk