[Gllug] palm zire

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Sun Oct 26 21:46:18 UTC 2003

Simon A. Boggis wrote:
> On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 22:35, Mike Brodbelt wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 2003-10-25 at 21:25, Sean Burlington wrote:
>>
>>>"USB device isn't matched the configuration"
>>>
>>>is indicating a problem
>>
>>Likely. What's your kernel version, and version of pilot-link? You need
>>to have a new enough version of the visor driver to recognize that
>>model.
>

> AFAIK you need 2.4.22 before the Zire71 is included in the table of
> devices, but it is a trivial change to the kernel source to add it to
> older kernels if you need to keep an older version for some reason: see
> http://snovae.in2p3.fr/ycopin/soft/zire.html for an example of how to do
> it - you basically add a #define and a few lines to some structs.
>
> Bought my other half a Zire71 and (of course) had to test it under
> linux: works absolutely fine.
>
> I think it is always worth tracking the latest pilot-link (0.11.8) and
> jpilot (0.99.6), unless you're running debian/unstable which already has
> them. They are trivial to compile: I just stick them in /usr/local so as
> not to cruft my system.
>
> Simon

thanks Simon,
	that's really usefull - I'll download and install a new kernel then ...

I looked at piloto-link on packages.debian.org and it looks like it's
being help up by what look like a couple of minor changes

perl is out of date on m68k: 5.8.1-3 vs 5.8.1-4
glibc is out of date on i386: 2.3.2-8 vs 2.3.2-9

but it's been delayed for a month already so maybe I won't wait.

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk