[Gllug] OT Changing ADSL supplier

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Thu Oct 16 13:04:29 UTC 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 11:09:19PM +0100, Garry wrote:
> Dylan wrote:
> > Hi all,
> >
> > I've been using Plus.net for the last 18 months as my ISP, but today have
> > decided that their customer service attitude is unacceptable [1].
>
> Not to mention their screwed Usenet server which has beeng ignoring half of
> my posts since I began using the service in March.

In reality, you just don't get customer support with the bargain ADSL
services.  You also don't get reliable Usenet or mail services.  You do
get a fairly reliable broadband connection over which you can set up
these services yourself, or buy them from another supplier.  I use
Freedom2surf and don't expect any help from them - I have my mail and
web at uklinux and have a ClaraNews usenet account.

Expecting anything more than the absolute minimum from these outfits
isn't realistic - they can't provide what you don't pay for.

--
Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk