[Gllug] The mutt of window managers

Tethys tet at createservices.com
Thu Oct 23 10:24:33 UTC 2003

Richard Jones writes:

>Is there a good window manager out there which is a category killer
>for techies? fvwm doesn't fit the bill because IIRC configuration is
>pretty baroque and keyboard navigation very poor.

How so? Configuration is a case of editing a simple plain text config
file. Keyboard navigation is whatever you configure it to be. I have
hot keys to lauch commonly used apps (rxvt, x3270, xscreensaver-command,
xmms -u), to switch between windows, and to raise, lower, iconify and
close windows. What more do you want in the way of keyboard navigation?

There's a school of thought that claims wmx is a good techie wm, but
it's a bit too minimalist for me. I don't need the eye candy, but I
do need the flexiblity.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk