[Gllug] Email delays

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 9 07:46:32 UTC 2003

On Wed 08 Oct, Richard Jones wrote:

> A client of mine is on btinternet.com, and sending mail to her has
> been a nightmare for the past two weeks. Their mailservers simply
> won't accept mail for long periods of time.

   Demon are attempting to filter some of the larger virus packages where
they are 100 percent sure that is what they are, and claim that they have
almost limitless storage space for what is left. Some emails have not
appeared after very long delays, and I am getting replies to list emails
more than a day before the original post. Demon status information still
says email delays, but it would be unusual to discover the real cause.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk