[Gllug] Trades unions

Darren darren.elwood at talk21.com
Tue Oct 28 14:53:44 UTC 2003

I'm a member of Connect and the benefits to anyone outside BT are just life
insurance and legal guidance in disputes.

One way to look at union membership is as a safety-net should you be unlucky
enough to experience discrimination/bullying/unfair treatment, anything like
that.

While I've never had to use their services, they give some peace of mind.

Companies I've worked in welcome union membership as they benefit from sanity
checking of their policies - that way they're assured they won't fall short
of any employers legal requirements.

/Darren

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk