[Gllug] OT: Health on job applications

Rainforestanne at aol.com Rainforestanne at aol.com
Tue Oct 28 11:18:23 UTC 2003

In having a serious accident when alighting a train three separate incidents
occurred.
1. I was flung with my arm and breast pinned guilottine fashion from the
floor of the train to the centre of the platform with the door and me connected on
both sides. This when pulling down a window and putting right arm outside the
window to pull lever to open and disembark.
2. The richotet of the door as it flung open left me impaled between the arm
and the breast with the catch of that window in the door digging into my flesh
leaving me suspended by this right angle and ripping shoulder muscles as I
was 2 - 3 feet off the ground for some minute or more
3. I gradually felt the ripping as the right arm slid up and over with
excruciating pain as the window catch ripped along my inner arm and breast till the
full arm and me landed on the platform. I did not  know what had happened just
that arm and breast were still there.

These three incidents have meant physiotherapy, hypnosis and other
treatments, which as yet have not been successful. Now in litigation I have to prove
that I cannot get a job with these disabilities and am not discriminated against
and that my case is likened to a man who got thumped on the nose in a pub and
had ptsd. Clearly, this like for like case is not so as if one man got his
testicles trapped in a train and fear decapitation and death he would be more
damaged than a pub bang on the nose as the train and any defect in a moving
vehicle are accidents that can happen again. What does anyone else think?