[Gllug] Trades unions

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue Oct 28 11:13:58 UTC 2003

On Tue 28 Oct, John Hearns bloviated thus:

> And is MSF (Manufacturing/Science/Ginance) the most appropriate
> union for us?

The problem is that there are some unions which are trade-based, and
some unions which are industry-based.  All of them seem to want to
claim IT workers as their own.

I was a member of Connect, but didn't feel they had any focus anywhere
near my situation.  Hell, they didn't seem to ever have anything about
anyone who didn't work for BT.

Would love to know if there is a union which covers me...

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

 "Women who seek to be equal with men lack ambition."
- Timothy Leary

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk