[Gllug] Newcomer

Harry Mantheakis harry at mantheakis.freeserve.co.uk
Thu Oct 30 13:24:30 UTC 2003

Hello

All being well I hope to attend my first GLLUG meet this Saturday. I am hard
of hearing and spontaneous public encounters are awkward for me, but I make
up for it with determination :-)

I want to set up a Linux development server at home. I am new to Linux, and
my knowledge of servers is very superficial and limited too.

First things first, I need to get the right gear before I can get my head
into Linux.

If anyone is willing to spend a few minutes answering some 'rudimentary'
(more likely embarrassing!) questions about hardware I shall be very
grateful.

I even need to get a supplier recommendation, the only two prospects I can
think of at the moment being Dell (pricey) or Digital Networks in Manchester
(much more tempting).

To contact me directly, please use the following email address, making the
necessary correction:

harry (at) mantheakis.clara.co.uk

Many thanks!

Harry Mantheakis