[Gllug] processor problem

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Fri Oct 17 16:58:24 UTC 2003

On Wed, Oct 15, 2003 at 09:15:32AM +0100, Chris Bell wrote:
>    A delayed error like this could be an overheating problem due to a
> blocked processor heatsink or fan stopped. I have often found a solid wall
> of debris hidden behind the fan. If it is a sleeve bearing fan it may need a
> drop of oil. Unscrew the fan from the heatsink, carefully lift the label
> from the frame side to reveal the bearing, there may also be a rubber bung.
> Drop a small amount of high quality light oil on to the bearing and replace

I must admit that I normally squirt some WD40 into the bearing, mainly 'cos
it is at hand. Any better recommendation ?

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

FATHERS-4-JUSTICE - Campaigning for equal rights for parents and the
best interests of our children. See http://www.fathers-4-justice.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk