[Gllug] palm zire

Sean Burlington sean at uncertainty.org.uk
Tue Oct 28 00:05:55 UTC 2003

Sean Burlington wrote:
> Simon A. Boggis wrote:

>>> Likely. What's your kernel version, and version of pilot-link? You need
>>> to have a new enough version of the visor driver to recognize that
>>> model.
>>

>> AFAIK you need 2.4.22 before the Zire71 is included in the table of
>> devices, but it is a trivial change to the kernel source to add it to
>> older kernels if you need to keep an older version for some reason: see
>> http://snovae.in2p3.fr/ycopin/soft/zire.html for an example of how to do
>> it - you basically add a #define and a few lines to some structs.
>>
>> Bought my other half a Zire71 and (of course) had to test it under
>> linux: works absolutely fine.
>>
>> I think it is always worth tracking the latest pilot-link (0.11.8) and
>> jpilot (0.99.6), unless you're running debian/unstable which already has
>> them. They are trivial to compile: I just stick them in /usr/local so as
>> not to cruft my system.

hmm..

I tried upgrading - no help - same erro messages

in any case it seems that the zire (not zire71) has been supported since
2.4.20-pre9

I've tried switching to usb-hotplug but now I get the error

usb.agent[31425]: missing kernel or user mode driver visor

but:
lsmod | grep visor
visor                   8492   0
usbserial              17468   0  [visor]
usbcore                55136   0  [visor usbserial hid usb-uhci]

I've not really used hotplug before - I could do with some help getting
the kernel to use the loaded visor module ...

--

Sean

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk