[Gllug] Debian

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Tue Oct 21 00:34:21 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-10-21 at 00:46, Peter Rutherford wrote:

> By taking off, I mean that more people in
> the high street running Linux than not
> running it. Loading Win95 on an empty
> machine is easy.

My lasting memory of installing Windows 95 is of it's complete inability
to coexist with the two IDE hard disks I had in my machine at that time.
I spent weeks with one install after another randomly corrupting itself
before I figured out what was happening. In that time, I re-installed 95
many times - when the install worked perfectly it was fine, otherwise it
rapidly became an unrecoverable nightmare.

Give me the Debian installer anyday....

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk