[Gllug] ipv6

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Oct 16 07:20:42 UTC 2003

Hello,
   I have not been following the ipv6 progress very closely, but to quote
Pete Ryland:

> Try A&A: http://aa.nu/
>
> They gave me 16 (well, 14) ipv4 and 203 gazillion ipv6 addresses as part of
> my home ADSL service.  They route both ipv4 and ipv6 traffic.

   This would seem to imply that either the internet infrastructure does not
need to be altered from ipv4, or that it has already been upgraded. If it
does already work, is it likely to be generally available soon from all
ISPs, and will it help in the fight against junk email sources, as well as
providing more addresses?
   The next problem I can see is a lack of sensible domain names.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk