[Gllug] OT Changing ADSL supplier

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Thu Oct 16 07:27:33 UTC 2003

On Wed, 15 Oct 2003, Dylan wrote:

> I've been using Plus.net for the last 18 months as my ISP, but today have
> decided that their customer service attitude is unacceptable [1].

<blatent plug>
UKFSN offers ADSL services
</blatent plug>

> Any suggestions for alternatives? How difficult is it to switch ADSL from one
> isp to another?

It's reasonably easy so long as your existing ISP aren't anal about
letting you go.

You need to tell them you want to migrate away and request your CBUK
number (the BT line number). They will need to know who you are migrating
to.

Then you contact the ISP you want to move to and place an order for
migration. They will then handle the move.

Note that it can take a while for migration orders to go through as it
involves some manual proceedures within BT Wholesale.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/		ADSL Broadband available now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk