[Gllug] Sun keyboard/mouse pair

Nix nix at esperi.org.uk
Mon Oct 20 13:21:21 UTC 2003

On Sun, 19 Oct 2003, Ian Northeast stated:
> Matthew King wrote:
>
>> Should I get my own sun (and goodness knows what I'd even use it for)
>> I'd probably do a null-modem (or ethernet & ssh :-) jobbie.
>
> You need both really. You need the null modem to install the OS

... and to boot in case of disaster, and such things (at least on
floppyless Suns which can't boot from CD, which is a surprisingly
large number of them due to OpenPROM bugs).

--
`If you want a vision of the future, it is a wireless broadband network
 feeding requests for foreign money-laundering assistance into a human

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk