[Gllug] Sun keyboard/mouse pair

Doug Winter doug at pigeonhold.com
Mon Oct 20 13:29:47 UTC 2003

On Mon 20 Oct Nix wrote:
> ... and to boot in case of disaster, and such things (at least on
> floppyless Suns which can't boot from CD, which is a surprisingly
> large number of them due to OpenPROM bugs).

Yep.  Although you can fix this by putting the appropriate magic in the
nvramrc like:

devalias cdrom /wherever/it/is/according/to/openboot

see the help for nvedit and friends for how to do this.

and then setenv use-nvramrc? true.

I've used this to successfully boot OpenBSD on some very recalcitrant
SPARC systems.

Also I never have auto-boot? to true.  Then you can get in and fix stuff
if it's completely borked, even to the extent of being unable to halt
(just get someone to power cycle it).

doug.

--
6973E2CF print 2C95 66AD 1596 37D2 41FC  609F 76C0 A4EC 6973 E2CF