[Gllug] Trades unions

John Hearns john.hearns at clustervision.com
Tue Oct 28 11:07:49 UTC 2003

We've had quite an interesting thread this morning on sickness.

I'd like to ask about trades union membership for IT types.
I guess that there's a whole spectrum of people on GLLUG -
from students, part time, self employed, employed, unemployed.

Do unions thee days cater for people who have work patterns
like 'us'.
After all - we're always being told that we should have a flexible
workforce.

And is MSF (Manufacturing/Science/Ginance) the most appropriate
union for us?

Please keep any flames/rants/diatribes down - I think this is on-topic,
but could rapidly drift.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk