[Gllug] RAID Controller on Linux/SPARC

Darren darren.elwood at talk21.com
Sun Oct 19 09:46:32 UTC 2003

I hope I'm not heading off in the wrong direction with this, but...

I looked at Simtec ATX ARM evaluation systems and because PC graphics cards
have a video BIOS written in x86, the ARM processor cannot execute it without
Simtecs "Special Sauce" - an x86 emulator in the motherboards bios.

Could the same be true for mainstream PCI cards which are built for the x86 PC
market? In general do PCI boards have a BIOS which would prevent a U/Sparc
from running it?

Regards,
Darren

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk