[Gllug] Debian

Paul Cupis paul at cupis.co.uk
Mon Oct 20 19:34:56 UTC 2003

On Monday 20 October 2003 10:24, Peter Childs
<blue.dragon at blueyonder.co.uk> wrote:
> 	I've taken the plung and installed debain (to replace my old
> redhat 8.0)
> 	I used knoppix and then installed it to the harddisk.
> 	Once the system cam up and I tryied to install using apt some
> packages I wanted....
>
> 	Bad Move, Very Bad Move.
>
> 1. the package dependancies on knoppix are broken. I actually ended
> up removing kde and xcursors-dev using dselect before apt would even
> pass the time of day!

I can only presume that your install is now trying to track unstable. As
the name says, it can can unstable.

The kde meta-package in Debian/unstable is not currently installable
(http://wiki.debian.net/DebianKDE)

> 2. Installed mozilia-thunderbird (The new email package) no problems
> I think its quite good. Unfortinally...
>
> mozilia-thunderbird-enigmail (Encription for thunderbird) needs
> thunderbird but
> enigmail has a file also in thunderbird which conflicts hence these
> two packages will not live together and will not live without each
> other!

This is a known bug in the current mozilla-firebird packages.