[Gllug] UK DMCA

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Sun Oct 12 19:43:27 UTC 2003

On Sun, 12 Oct 2003, Andrew Richardson wrote:

> For those who haven't seen this yet check out

> If the company takes this one to court it will hopefully demonstrate
> just how much excess legal power can be used by companies attempting to
> cover for their mistakes in this area.

The company involved has, apparently, already backed down and stated that
it wants no part in creating such a "chilling effect" as persuing the case
would have.

I suspect it was just a matter of the relevant people finding out what the
impact of the case would be in terms of wide publicity for the flaws in
their product. Even so it looks like this one is going away.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/		ADSL Broadband available now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk