[Gllug] Linux Hub/Switch

Stan stan at plato.wadham.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 13:36:54 UTC 2003

I currently have a bridging firewall and I'm thinking that I can
further limit the spread of things like blaster if I do away with the
central switch and put 16 or so network cards into the beige PC!

I know this sounds crazy (and possibly just plain won't work) but as
most gear is still 10MB/s the PC should beable to cope...

So where can you actually buy cards like:

http://www.intel.com/network/connectivity/products/pro1000mt_quad_server_adapter.htm

are there any cheaper alternatives?  Is there a limit to how many
cards you can have under linux?

Just an idea....feel free to shoot me down in flames!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk