[Gllug] Canon PowerShot S50

Richard Turner richard at disabledliving.org.uk
Tue Sep 9 13:24:56 UTC 2003

Thanks for the advice.  I've tried using gphoto2 from the shell - auto
detect doesn't appear to find the camera, though I'll try again tonight
with the --get-all-files just to make sure (--list-ports does list
'usb:' and --list-devices does include the S50 in the list).

Having wiped-out my luxury cash fund for the time being I'm loathe to
spend any more money on a CF card reader, though I'll consider that if I
can't use the direct USB connection.  It does seem a cop-out though
since other people clearly have made it work...

As for the NetMD, the Windows software is, as you say, awful.  At least
it does the job though (and there's a plugin for RealOne so one doesn't
have to use Sony's OpenMG software - 'Open Magic Gate?' ha!).  Think I
will have to resort to a Windows partition for that :(

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk