[Gllug] Debain: Laptop.

Martin A. Brooks martin at clues.ltd.uk
Sat Sep 13 19:11:39 UTC 2003

At 16:35 13/09/2003 +0100, you wrote:
>         I have been trying to install Debain

Most people call it Debian :)

>1. How do I get my 8139too PCMICA network card working Works fine under
>Redhat
>but when I try to bring the Network up it says

Install pcmcia-cs

2. Is there a no X Run level under debain I can't find it!

/etc/inittab

>3. X kills my LCD display and I have no idea what the correct drivers are but
>it works soft of under Redhat.

Getting X to work with laptop LCDs can be interesting.  You'll need to
fiddle with the resolution and sync rates.

>4. How do I upgrade to ext3 so I don't have to wait agest when ever the

You'll need to make sure you have kernel support for ext3 then:

"tune2fs -j /dev/XXXX"

where XXXX is the name of the partition you wish to convert.  You then need
to edit /etc/fstab and change the fs type accordingly.

Regards

Martin A. Brooks, Clues Ltd.
http://www.clues.ltd.uk/

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk