[Gllug] OT: coping with long hours at the computer

Branden Faulls bfaulls at omphe.com
Fri Sep 26 21:53:00 UTC 2003

Garry Heaton wrote:
> Do any of you suffer from posture problems which limit the amount of time
> you can spend in front of the computer?

I broke my back two years ago as a result of repetitive stress at work
and took to Linux during my recovery. (I was a dancer in my previous
life)  In my recovery, I had to find a chair that would work more
naturally for balance and posture.

You'll find just as many advocates against them, but I use a kneeling
chair and spend a huge amount of time in front of the computer with no
more pain. They hurt like hell at first and you'll grow tired even
sooner, when you  switch over, but they tend to balance your spine more
naturally than an ordinary chair. Now that I'm used to it, I'll not
switch back.

Hope you find some relief

Branden Faulls

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk