[Gllug] Market for low-cost Linux servers/networks?

Jason Clifford jason at ukpost.com
Wed Sep 10 11:22:22 UTC 2003

On Wed, 10 Sep 2003, Garry Heaton wrote:

> I was thinking more of the typical small office running 'doze which could do
> with a dedicated network firewall (iptables/PII 350Mhz) and a SAMBA server
> (PIII 450Mhz) for file and printer sharing.

OK, for the firewall how about this one:

http://linitx.com/shop/product_info.php?products_id=127

With an IPCop Compact Flash and 128MB RAM?

The cost would be £270 plus VAT and you could easily sell it to a client
for £399.

A similar box with a hard disk instead of Flash, or software RAID across a
three disks for the Samba server should do.

Jason Clifford
http://www.ukfsn.org/		ADSL Broadband available now

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk