[Gllug] Linux Hub/Switch

Stan stan at plato.wadham.ox.ac.uk
Tue Sep 23 14:53:29 UTC 2003

> Without knowing details of your setup I can only guess but if you have
> an adsl link or a leased line router, feed that in a dual or multi-homed
> linux box let that do the firewalling and plug the uplink from your
> switch into that.

That's kind of what I have at the moment.  It's a 100MB fibre link and
each port on the 16port switch actually feeds another switch(s) on a
student staircase with an average of 20 connected machines.

I'm just thinking about reducing the cross infection between
staircases when all the students return.  Plus sounded kinda cool!
Might even have added benfits in the future!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk