[Gllug] university windows-only policy

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 15:44:12 UTC 2003

dennis furey wrote:
> I've started a new course in a university (not LSBU, despite my email
> address) where students are allowed to plug laptops into the network
> but only if they're running M$ operating systems.

You might try taking this up with the Students Union.  Stuff about how
poor impoverished students with huge loan bills are being forced to buy
extra software to use the university network for no good reason[0].
Might help if you got a group of you together so there were a visible
number of people all asking for the same thing.

It is a while since I was at university so I don't know if this is the
right course of action or if there is any likelihood of success.

I would probably only do this if talking to the admins didn't work though.

Will.

[0] The only readson I can see being misplaced ones about security.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk