[Gllug] SMS Providers

Dean Wilson dean.wilson3 at virgin.net
Tue Sep 30 22:27:42 UTC 2003

I'm looking for a decent SMS provider that will give me access to something
along the lines of either an SNPP gateway or maybe a REST or SOAP
webservice for sending SMS's. I'm not really bothered about getting them
back through the service.

I've used Oventus in the past and while they were pretty good they charged
full (10p) price which i begrudge paying, for that i can set up gnokki
myself and send them via any mobile company. I've also had a look at
clickatell who look interesting.

I have a couple of dozen addresses to send to so forcing everyone to get a
Cellnet phone that provides an email to sms gateway isn't really an option.
Anyone got any favoured providers?

  Dean

--
Dean Wilson               http://www.unixdaemon.net
Profanity is the one language all programmers understand

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk