[Gllug] SMS Providers

Andy McGarty andy at mac1systems.com
Tue Sep 30 23:27:37 UTC 2003

> I'm looking for a decent SMS provider that will give me access to
something
> along the lines of either an SNPP gateway or maybe a REST or SOAP
> webservice for sending SMS's. I'm not really bothered about getting them
> back through the service.
>
> I've used Oventus in the past and while they were pretty good they charged
> full (10p) price which i begrudge paying, for that i can set up gnokki
> myself and send them via any mobile company. I've also had a look at
> clickatell who look interesting.

I've used xpedite who use FTP and I'm just testing virtual plus
(www.virtualplus.co.uk) who have SMPP.  They appear to deliver it quicker
than xpediate do, but I've not used them long enough comment on
reliability..

The MD there is called Gautam and he appears to know his stuff.

If you don't have the volume to make it worthwhile then shout back and I'll
see if the people I deal with are interested in quoting a price.

Happy texting.

Andy

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk