[Gllug] re: telephone-switchboard music-on-hold

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Mon Sep 22 15:41:34 UTC 2003

On Mon, Sep 22, 2003 at 04:34:30PM +0100, Liam Delahunty wrote:
> Alain Williams Sent: 22 September 2003 12:41
>
> >I believe that Bach is now out of copyright.
>
> Yep. But the people who played on the recording or the company that
> organised the recording (usually) still need to be paid...

But IIRC he was going to have a chat with his church's organist.

> If one _must_ use music, then ambient type noises are better IMO as they
> don't bother people who "hate that fscking song", and it can calm them down.
> How about whale song? Perhaps not.

Don't get me started on that. I am getting increasingly stressed in the supermaket/...
where they insist on blaring out some cr*p, the result is that I tend to leave these
places as quickly as possible -- presumably not why they play the noise in the first place.
The assistants stare blankly if asked to turn it down.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>

FATHERS-4-JUSTICE - Campaigning for equal rights for parents and the
best interests of our children. See http://www.fathers-4-justice.org

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk