[Gllug] Spammers

David Damerell damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk
Wed Sep 24 12:10:07 UTC 2003

On Wednesday, 24 Sep 2003, Richard Jones wrote:
>RMX is kind of a "Reverse MX" in the domain record. I could add an RMX
>record for annexia.org which would list all machines which _send_ mail
>from addresses @annexia.org.

The nice thing about RMX/designated sender/whatever is that, unlike
the large number of unfeasible proposals, it doesn't need everyone to
participate before it can work at all. Individual sites can create RMX
records, or check to see if they exist, without causing
interoperability problems with sites who are unaware of it, and in
doing so they gain some slight benefit.

--
David Damerell <damerell at chiark.greenend.org.uk> Distortion Field!

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk