[Gllug] Analysing worm traffic

Simon Wilcox essuu at ourshack.com
Mon Sep 29 14:39:59 UTC 2003

On Mon, 29 Sep 2003, Doug Winter wrote:

> On Mon 29 Sep Simon Wilcox wrote:
> > I don't expect that complaining to their helldesk is likely to do anything
> > other than raise my blood pressure as they must already know how
> > widespread this infection is yet they seem to be doing nothing about it.
>
> What would you like them to do?

Act to put a stop to the traffic. Maybe I'm being naive but I would have
hoped that they might be concerned about having 8000+ compromised machines
on their network. Who knows what else they may be used for and the bad
publicity that might result.

Maybe I posted wrongly before. I think I should have just stuck to asking:

I'd like to know how much of my bandwidth these attacks are using. Does
anyone know how big an attack exchange is ?

Simon.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk