[Gllug] Analysing worm traffic

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Mon Sep 29 14:54:51 UTC 2003

Doug Winter wrote:
> On Mon 29 Sep Simon Wilcox wrote:
>
>>I don't expect that complaining to their helldesk is likely to do anything
>>other than raise my blood pressure as they must already know how
>>widespread this infection is yet they seem to be doing nothing about it.
>

> What would you like them to do?

After someone reports malicious traffic from a member of their network?
  I would guess the ideal situation would be they investigate the issue,
suspend the users account and contact the customer.  It can always be
re-activated  at a later date when the customer contacts the ISP and
tells them that they have fixed the problem.  If the customer lies and
tells the ISP that they have fixed it when they haven't then the
customer could face a fine or something.

Will.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk