[Gllug] COT: Resigning from my job

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Tue Sep 16 10:05:01 UTC 2003

Jason Clifford wrote:
> On Tue, 16 Sep 2003, Henrik Morsing wrote:
>>>And don't forget to take any holiday days due to you.
>>Can I do that?
> Yes, not only can you but you are supposed to do so.

Personally, I prefer to take the money. I've found (may be generous
employers rather than the law) that my leave days will be 'paid out' if
there are any outstanding. As I tend to see unemployment as a form of
extended leave, I prefer to take the money, because I'll have all the
spare time I want (possibly even a bit more).

It got to the stage where I looked upon leave as another form of saving.
I didn't take a days leave in the nine months of my first job out of
university - I knew I'd need all of the pesos^Wdollars I could find when
I came here.

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk