[Gllug] Cheap Linux-compatible MP3 players?

Simon A. Boggis simon at dcs.qmul.ac.uk
Mon Sep 22 23:35:07 UTC 2003

On Tue, 2003-09-23 at 01:01, Andrew Richardson wrote:
> Richard Jones wrote:
[snip]
> Does anyone here have other suggestions for mmc card readers ?

I've bought a tiny MMC/SD card reader from http://www.crucial.com/uk
(not the 6-in-1 thing, the little guy) which I use with my Palm's MMC
card at work. They've just changed over to selling a USB 2 device
(backwards compatible to USB 1) instead:

http://www.crucial.com/uk/store/partspecs.asp?IMODULE=CTR2MMPU2

which looks the same and is the same price 12.91 (P&P free). I've no
idea why they changed - can't believe that SD cards can make any use of
USB 2...

Anyway, I'm going to order myself another one for home use because I've
not found another reader which is as small. I'll try to remember to
report back (:

Simon

Dr Simon A. Boggis                                  Systems Programmer
Department of Computer Science,                     Tel. 020 7882 7522
Queen Mary, University of London, London E1 4NS UK.
---- GPG public key <http://www.dcs.qmul.ac.uk/~simon/#publickey> ----

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk