[Gllug] Video recording

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Thu Sep 18 13:24:43 UTC 2003

Hello,
   I have been asked about a small box for recording security camera video.
The only guidance so far is that it should preferably be something like a 1U
high but not very deep box, up to about 19 inch rack width, for either
continuous recording or intermittent frames of one or more security cameras
to hard disc, with facilities to copy the recording to a DVD writer. The
exact hardware, processor, OS, etc are less important, and I could consider
Linux on RISC or anything else if that might be better. Has anyone seen
anything like this? Any suggestions gratefully received.

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk