[Gllug] Law to "deposit" websites with the UK libraries.

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Sep 13 12:11:02 UTC 2003

On Sat, 13 Sep 2003, Daniel Andersson wrote:

> >  Politicians should have to pass a test to see if they
> >  should be given the right to think and make their thoughts
> >  public.
> >
> >  At least when I say bollocks, it costs almost nothing...
> >
> >  http://theregister.co.uk/content/6/32800.html
>
> i look forward to seeing copies of page3.com and hardcore porn sites
>
> going to the library to borrow some porn, weeey! ;oP
>
> / d

 That is if you are not too busy sending your personal pages to them,
 I don't pretty much care if businesses have to do it.

 But what about the "little people" or parias or "only good to be sold
 something", and ONGs, charities, internet communities and others who
 would be hindered.

 Why they don't do it with email? I would like the typical
 gringo-spam-gunho heading down to the library to be welcomed by his/her
 victims.

 If they want to introduce legislation, they should be bothering about
 bigger problems. Not adding to the pot.

 -
  Formi.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk