SOLVED Re: [Gllug] OT: Windows XP refuses internet access

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Sat Sep 20 21:21:25 UTC 2003

<RANT option="lets just get it out of the way">

Well, I ended up deleting the DUN (or should that be DUNG) settings, and
re-configuring the network card! There seems to be no way to tell the damned
beast that the NIC is the default connection. Well, what can I say!? "Typical
Bill Gates botch job!" - so says my m8 who has come to laugh at me fightin
this piece of crap. I ask you, two fscking days! Was that a pig overhead
trailing a banner saying "User Friendly"?

I suppose we'll be getting through the whole box of wine tonight waiting for
this.... And I just knew I needed a fresh goat! Don't think my boyfriend
would be too happy if I turned to his puppy (and anyway, goats are so much
more effective.)

</RANT>

So - thanks for the pointers! I think I'll surface (Blaine like) from my
cellar in 44 days, since she's done NO updates since buying the machine a
year ago!

Cheers

Dylan

--