[Gllug] Using all my mouse buttons

Dylan dylan at dylan.me.uk
Mon Sep 15 17:55:21 UTC 2003

Hello...

I've just plugged up a new cordless Logitech TrackMan. It works as a 3button
wheel mouse out of the box - so I'm satisfied on that level. And there's one
less cable to keep away from the dog!

Now, this beastie has 7 buttons, so I've changed the relevant line in
XFree86.config, and all seven are recognised. That is - buttons 1 thru 3 and
the wheel (=4 and 5) work normally, buttons 6 and 7, however, duplicate
button 3. How do I go about getting these buttons to perform some useful
function? Can I organize, for example, for them to generate a key press
event, or hotkey combo...?

Cheers
Dylan

--