[Gllug] Lonix - London Linux User Group Linux Expo

Tushar Joshi tjoshi at lonix.org.uk
Mon Sep 29 12:18:52 UTC 2003

Hi ,

Date:  Wed 8 Oct 2003
Time:  6.00pm Onwards
Place: Lowlander -  36 Drury Lane, Covent Garden WC2B 5RR
Map: http://www.streetmap.co.uk/newmap.srf?x=530352&y=181222&z=1&sv=530250,181250&st=4&ar=Y&mapp=newmap.srf&searchp=newsearch.srf
Tube:  Covent Garden
Phone: 020 8992 7008 / 07980 224 772

* London Linux Expo 8th/9th October [11am-5pm] @ Olympia
* October Lonix Meeting 8th October [6pm-9pm] @ Lowlander.
* October Lonix Meeting 8th October [9pm-11pm] @ Spice Of London

This month have organised a Lonix meeting after
the Linux Expo. We'll be meeting at the Lonix
stand just before 5pm to head down to Covent
Garden in a group. If you can't make the Linux
Expo you can meet us directly at Lowlander.
(Directions below).

The Linux Expo is a conference and exhibition at
Olympia exhibition halls.

http://www.linuxexpouk.co.uk/ for more information.
Registration is required but is free on the web
site. Register early however. You can also visit
us at the .Org stand where yet again we'll be
selling sexy Lonix Polo Shirts. Many thanks go
to the sponsor uklinux.net for the stand area
and organisation.

Also can anyone who wants to help on the stand
on Wednesday/Thursday please contact me since
currently there are only 2 of us (if I count myself
twice).

Lowlander provides a wondrous selection of 15
draught beers and 40 bottled Dutch and Belgian
beers with an additional selection of 30 wines and
a fine range of spirits, cocktails, aperitifs and
digestifs. And there is an imaginative,
interesting menu to match. Essesntial for those
who missed the London Beer festival.

The draught beer selection includes four pilsners,
four special Dutch and four special Belgian such
as Fruli Strawberry and De Koninck. The range of
bottled beer turns the head with categories such
as trappist beers, wheat beers, amber ales, abbey
beers, golden ales and red beers.

After Lowlander at 9.00pm we'll be heading to the
Spice of London indian restaurant
http://www.spiceoflondon.com/ at 22 Drury Lane for
some high quality cuisine. Some people will no doubt
be staying in Lowlander so there will still be people
there and food is also available at the bar.If there is
time after, we'll head back to Lowlander.

To get to Lowlander:
Exit Covent Garden station and on your left you'll
see a road (for cars!) called Long Acre. Take a
right down this road, go straight over the roundabout
and carry on straight until you see
Drury Lane on your left (it's also on the right).
Take a left and you will see Lowlander on your
left.

Hope to see you at the show,

Tushar Joshi

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk